I first met Rachel Bullard when she was interviewing for a design position at my work. Up until this point, I had been the only designer on my team and to be truthful, I liked being the top dog in my little world. I feared that if a talented designer came in… and well… people might see my lack of drawing skills and I’d lose my standing at work. I had seen Rachel’s portfolio and she was uber talented.
I remember praying for God’s will, but hoped His will and my desires lined up.
Long story short, she was hired, put on my team, and I would be the one training her!
God’s sense of humor and timing had struck my life once again.
Something I was so sure I didn’t want, that wouldn’t be good – turned out to be an unexpected blessing in MULTIPLE ways.
- Training her was fun and suddenly I had a work friend to joke with, eat lunch with, and hang out.
- She helped me with aspects of my third novel, Trusting Grace. Details she told me I added to Bailey’s character as a chef and caterer.
- In Accepting Grace, my second novel, Hillary’s character has a love of teas. Rachel is known for her love of tea, and any teas I listed in the novel came directly from Rachel. In honor of her, Hillary’s full name is Hillary Rachel Blake.
- When I went on unexpected medical leave, she was there and my team wasn’t left without a designer for months while I was out. She was a rock star during that time and I felt like a proud momma!
- She became a mini-me, able to help me teach other designers.
- Rachel helped lightened my workload and helped me be a better designer.
- She has been a good friend, shoulder to cry on, and laugh with often.
When I knew I was going to need to take steps toward creating a website, branding, and publishing – I knew I wanted Rachel to design my logo.
I chose a butterfly for its symbolism because I felt my writing was finally emerging from a hidden cocoon. I told Rachel my thoughts, some color ideas and waited.
The butterfly she designed was perfect!
Rachel has an Etsy shop, Lady and Thread that shows off just a fraction of her skills.
A textile and fiber artist, she creates prints of wildlife and custom pet portraits in both print and in embroidery necklaces. “Each piece is unique and handmade. Rachel free hand embroiders every piece so no two can ever be exactly the same.”
The ADORABLE photo of my Bandit!
Custom Pet Portraits for JewelryRachel Bullard is a talented designer, but more importantly a great friend and partner in crime!
I was very blessed when God brought Rachel into my life. She is a daily reminder that God loves me and that He sent her into my life.
Check out Rachel’s LadyandThread site on Etsy. Tell her that her partner in crime sent you!
Rachel Bullard, Owner and Artist Etsy Shop: LadyandThread
Instagram: @ladyandthread *All artwork photos came from Rachel’s Etsy shop page
Until next time, may God’s grace surround you,